Why do I need to book an appointment? We operate an appointment only based service. Our aim is to ensure we can give all our customers a highly personalised experience. Appointments enable us to give you our full attention and enable us to create absolutely awesome looks, all of the time for you the customer.
When are you open? We have appointments available:
- Monday to Friday between 9am and 8:30pm
- Saturdays between 10am and 2pm
- We are closed Sundays and Public Holidays.
How do I book? You can book any of the following ways ;
- Book online HERE
- Telephone: 021 462 412
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- What are your hire costs? Our children’s costumes are $15 and teens costumes $35. An adult costume hire inclusive of accessories typically costs $55. We offer special pricing for groups and school teachers for school events. Tuxedo’s, Mens Suits and Mascots start at $60.
- Do I pay if I damage or lose the costume? Minor accidental damage that we can repair ourselves is not on-charged. Major damage or loss is charged at the lower of the replacement value of the item or the actual repair cost.
- Do I have to pay a Bond? If you are not a regular customer we like to see your ID. Bonds are usually taken for Mascot hire.
- Who cleans the costume? Leave the hard work to us, we clean all costumes. Everything is either washed or dry cleaned after each use.
- Do you clean the wigs? Yes – all wigs are shampooed after use.
- What if I am allergic to cleaning products? We use low allergen and natural products as much as possible. Please talk to us and we can show you the product labels.
- Will you have anything in my size? We recognise that people come in all shapes and sizes and we work hard to accommodate that in our costume range. We can usually dress ladies up to a size 22 and men to a XXL in a large number of themes.
- What if its nearly right but not perfect? We can alter most garments to ensure an even better fit. Hems, straps and minor alterations are done free of charge. For larger alterations that require a “fitting” with the seamstress there will be a small charge.
MADE TO MEASURE
- What if I want something created just for me? We offer a made to measure service in conjunction with a local seamstress. Bring your idea to us and we will provide a quote.
- If I get something created you owns’ it? If you wish to keep your creation, you will pay for the fabric, cottons, pattern and the seamstress time. You then get to put the costume in your wardrobe for keeps. Or, If you don’t want to keep it and we would like to add to our hire range then we select the fabric, make the garment, fit the garment to you and charge you an agreed initial hire cost (this will be higher than our standard hire rates). You return the costume to us after its use.
- I brought a costume in a packet and it does not fit me, can you help? We can often alter your purchased costumes. Book a fitting appointment with us and we will take a look and give you a quote.
- Will you buy my used packet costume? No, the majority of packaged costumes are not of a high enough quality to be suitable for hiring. However, if you have an awesome high quality costume that you think deserves a life beyond your wardrobe give us a call to discuss.
WHY HIRE at In Disguise?
- Time – In less than 30 minutes we can dress you from head to toe in an awesome costume. Think of all the time you could waste, searching the internet, scouring 2nd hand shops and looking for elusive accessories in dozens of party shops.
- Upfront known cost – Hiring from In Disguise ensures you get a good quality costume with all the right accessories for a single cost.
- Environmentally friendly – Our costumes are lovingly cared for and re-used many times. Consider that the majority of packet costumes end up in landfill as they are often only worn once.
- Stand out from the crowd – We can mix and match items to give you a truly unique look.
- Support a Local Business – We are a small owner operated business and have been operating in Porirua since 2007. Your custom helps us to stay in business and enables us to give back to the local community. See our fundraising page.